I love that my hair is an extension of my personality; calm but unafraid to be a little wild.
1.What is your name? Social media handles:My name is Fiona Kemigisha. I go by Fiona Kemi on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
2. How long have you had your natural hair?It’ll be 3 years in June. Time flies. Seems so long ago that I was bald.
3. What is the most rewarding part of having natural hair? I love that my hair is an extension of my personality; calm but unafraid to be a little wild. More than that, it’s an unapologetic statement of how proud I am to be a black woman.
4. Have you found a regimen which works for you? If yes, what is your current regimen? Yes, I have. I mean I’m constantly evolving as far as hair care goes so some details change now and then but my basic routine is ;
- Daily water-oil spritz and scalp massage.
- Wash day every two or three weeks
- Protective styling (twists mostly) and
- Monthly protein treatments
5. What hair products are you currently obsessed with?
- Kentaro Avoghee Conditioner
- Livara Sapphire Leave-in Conditioner
- The Moisturewell Hair Growth Elixir
6. Where do you get your products from? I am very intentional about supporting local brands so my products are 95% Ugandan owned brands. Kentaro, Livara, The Moisturewell, Thamani and Kingdom of Rhanika are favorites. I get Kentaro and Livara from their stores in Kisementi and the rest, I usually get at Envirizanacho in Ntinda.
7. What is your go-to hairstyle with your natural hair? Flat twists
8. What is your go-to protective style? I’m not sure how to explain this aptly but here goes; flat twists at the front and Marley braid extension bun at the back.
9. What did/do you find most challenging about your hair?The fact that it just won’t comply sometimes.
10. Hair advice you live by?
- Keep it simple
- Keep your hair moisturized
- Protective styling is key