Hair looks good when you put in the effort to take care of it, use the right hair products, visit salons with hairdressers who are experienced in taking care of natural hair. Flaunt your natural hair, it's beautiful!!!
This week, Leila shares with us her Natural hair story…
- What is your name? Social media handles: Nankunda Leila Twitter: LeilaNankunda Facebook: nankunda.leila
- How long have you had your natural hair?
I’ve had my natural hair since September 2016. It’s now 2 years and 5 months.
- What is the most rewarding part of having natural hair?
With my natural hair, I can be very adventurous with hairstyles, it is easy to maintain because I can wash it and style it by myself. I’m more confident when I’m rocking my own hair, I love it and I always look forward to visit the salon and pamper it.
- Have you found a regimen which works for you? If yes, what is your current regimen?
I’ve not found a regimen yet, I try out different things, I’m still adventuring and learning.
- What hair products are you currently obsessed with?
I always look out for shea butter made products.
- Where do you get your products from?
Natural shea butter and next, I’m going to try Livara’s hair products.
- What is your go-to hairstyle with your natural hair?
I love holding it up and pining it or plaiting twists and taking the twists out.
- What is your go-to protective style?
I love to plait weaves/ crotchet hair because the hair is protected when it is in the cornrows.
- What did/do you find most challenging about your hair?
Plaiting ‘tuts’/ ‘swas’ every night before going to bed and unplaiting in the morning is quite a task.
- Hair advice you live by?
Hair looks good when you put in the effort to take care of it, use the right hair products, visit salons with hairdressers who are experienced in taking care of natural hair. Flaunt your natural hair, it’s beautiful!!!