I used to watch tutorials on YouTube and like use my friends regimens but man I realized all our hair is different. What works for someone may not work for you. And that’s okay…
- What is your name? Social media handles: Kaninye Promise Twitter: @kasavukanyama
2. How long have you had your natural hair?
My crown and I have made 5 years. However I’ve had a battle with it!!! I did a big chop in 2016 after some serious heat and color damage!!! So technically this is the third year.
3. What is the most rewarding part of having natural hair?
I don’t have to deal with dryers!! I dreaaaddd dryers! Also the fact that I can manipulate my hair in any style. One day you have a bomb twist out next day you have some foam curls it’s really nice.
4. Have you found a regimen which works for you? If yes, what is your current regimen?
I am not going to lie I’m those product naturals. Before I colored my hair I was a DIY natural but after I became A red-head product is my friend. So I just shampoo, deep condition, apply leave in and use my Namara Shea Butter mix. I deep condition with Mosara deep conditioner which I mix with Berry Smoothie by Kentaro. I am a lazy natural so I don’t do that pre poo wagwes I just add olive oil and mashed avoc to my product deep conditioning mix then I steam. I use Auntie Jackie’s Quench my thirst leave in, love it because it smells nice and works for my hair. When I am done I section my hair and do my twists using Namara Shea Butter then I finish off with a scalp tonic.
5. What hair products are you currently obsessed with? The avoghee line!! I am just waiting for money to slap me and I see how to buy the whole line. I use their protein treatment and honestly my life has never been the same! It’s just that they are pricy, but then again all hair pdts are pricy…
6.Where do you get your products from?
- Eve and Nico- Protein treatment
- Mosara- Send my cousin in Kenya
- Auntie Jackie’s- Capital Shoppers
- Design essentials- Mummy (I just raid her stash bse Am puwa*bad black voice*)
- Kentaro- Crane plaza Acacia
- Olive oil- Supermarket
- Avoc – Nakasero market
7. What is your go-to hairstyle with your natural hair?
Twists! Love them! They are super efficient.
8. What is your go-to protective style? Braids. They are super convenient for me. Although last year I did crochets and girrrlllllll I loved it!
9. What did/do you find most challenging about your hair? Finding a regimen that worked! I used to watch tutorials on YouTube and like use my friends regimens but man I realized all our hair is different. What works for someone may not work for you. And that’s okay. You just have to find something that works and stick to it. Alsooooo I fight the urge to switch switch products, don’t let your hair get some of the good good shit if you know you cannot maintain it. That’s the reason I haven’t jumped on the Shea Moisture line. I cannot afford all that shit…
But oneeeee dayyyyy Jesus will come out for me and hoooo I will slayyy* Bobrisky voice *
10. Hair advice you live by?
Oil your hair even when you are super tired. Your hair needs to feed when you starve it of course you will have marasmus hair.
If you would like to be featured as the Mami of the Week, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information