This week we meet a lady who battled cancer (and beat it) and has regrown her mane while at it! Her name is Roxanne.
1.What is your name? Social media handles: My name is Roxanne Namanda Wavamunno AKA Mimi
IG – roxywavah Twitter – roxywavah Snapchat – roxy_wavah
2. How long have you had your natural hair? I have had natural hair for 3 years now. Well before I got cancer (I survived) I had it for about 2 years. In total 5 years
3. What is the most rewarding part of having natural hair?
The most rewarding part of having natural hair is showing reflection of God’s creativity. Why be artificial?
4. Have you found a regimen which works for you? If yes, what is your current regimen? I haven’t found any, I’m still discovering myself.
5. What hair products are you currently obsessed with? Sultana Coconut oil
6. Where do you get your products from? I get my products from exotic saloon. Its found in Ntinda.
7. What is your go-to hairstyle with your natural hair? Twist definitely!
8. What is your go-to protective style? My go-to hairstyle is braids. Because of first all i don’t like complicated things hahaha and because it’s easy to maintain and also it’s safe.
9. What did/do you find most challenging about your hair?
The most challenging thing I face is combing my hair. Ugh! It’s so thick and hard to comb hahaha. I personally don’t like combing
but at the end of the day I love a good challenge. Like what Beyoncé says “pretty hurts”
10. Hair advice you live by?
- Drink lots of water.
- Be careful with heat. In fact just avoid it
- Cleanse hair and scalp regularly. A dirty scalp full of build up can clog pores and follicles and slow down healthy growth.
- Get regular trims
- Wear protective styles
- Protect your hair at night. For example, use a satin or silk scarf or bonnet at night.
- Lastly, don’t stress about your hair not growing. Stress can even slow it down.