This week, we learn about all the tips and tricks that Violet uses to maintain her beautiful long hair
Hair should be fed. And all this food is in our kitchen
- What is your name? Social media handles: Violet Komuhimbo
IG:vyoluv Twitter :vyomelo19
- How long have you had your natural hair?
I did transition to natural hair in November 2015. So yeah it’s been three years (but being friends with the scissors for a year)* I loved TWA 😂😂😂
- What is the most rewarding part of having natural hair?
The most rewarding part is it’s versatility. Besides rocking an Afro, there are so many other styles in which natural hair can be worn.
- Have you found a regimen which works for you? If yes, what is your current regimen?
Not really but I go with Prepoo – shampoo – condition (leave in/deep) -moisturize – sealant – style
- What hair products are you currently obsessed with?
Kentaro’s Tea tree tingle Shampoo and whipped butter, Livara’s Two in one Hair conditioner and Spritz moisturizer and Cantu products.
- Where do you get your products from?
Kentaro -Shop B4 ,Crane Plaza Kisementi
Cantu -Beauty Corner, Averma
- What is your go-to hairstyle with your natural hair?
Hmm, depends on what I would like to achieve, so that would be twists (for curls and yes rocking a wild twist out 🙈) and tuts/threads( for curly stretched hair)
- What is your go-to protective style?
Crochets because I fear for my hairline which I have been working on for sometime now.
- What did/do you find most challenging about your hair?
Huh, most challenging about my hair is the texture. I guess I have 4C(cubed)😂😂.It’s kinky and packed, so makes the combing quite hard but thank God for water(for moisturizing).
- Hair advice you live by
-Your hair needs a daily dose of water.
-Hair should be fed. And all this food is in our kitchen 😁
-Patience, especially when you have a hairline recovery