This Week, we meet a mami with a story of growth and unlearning what she expected out of natural hair. Meet Brenda Julian
2. How long have you had your natural hair? I have been growing my hair for about two years now and it has been a wonderful journey.
3. What is the most rewarding part of having natural hair? The most rewarding part of keeping natural hair is how versatile it can be. You can always play around with it and come up with so many styles. Also having my natural hair is a way of embracing who I am a brown skin girl.
4. Have you found a regimen which works for you? If yes, what is your current regimen? At first I would let the hair grow but about a year ago I discovered a regimen that works for me. I wash with Aloe Vera shampoo after which I use Aunty Jackie’s Leave – In it works wonders in preventing breakage as you comb.
5. What hair products are you currently obsessed with? Currently am obsessed with natural Shea butter it works wonders for me. I also like to use Cantu curling gel when I twist my hair, it’s amazing!
6. Where do you get your products from? I get my hair products from Gaza land.
7. What is your go-to hairstyle with your natural hair? My natural hair go to style would be twists and twist outs are also great sometimes I do wash and go it makes my Afro look amazing.
8. What is your go-to protective style? For a protective hair style I usually like to do natural hair twists and braids.
9. What did/do you find most challenging about your hair? At first I had a challenge because my hair has a very hard texture so it would hurt when combing and breakage was frequent. Eventually I realized the trick was moisturising as much as possible
10. Hair advice you live by? My advice to all girls is embrace and love your natural hair and enjoy the journey.
If you’d like to feature on the page, email me on email@example.com, I’ll be sure to reply!